- Telephone Number: Help Desk at (806) 716-2600
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Administration Building
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Web Help Desk Work Order Procedures
In order to serve our faculty and staff efficiently and effectively, Information Technology operates by requiring that all work orders or questions be made through the Help Desk or work order software. Please DO NOT contact any of our technicians regarding problems or work orders.
There are three methods for making a service requests for individual technical problems.
1. On the web: open your own work order using the Web Help Desk system, accessible at https://helpdesk.southplainscollege.edu and login with your SPC credentials, with your username as your full email address.
2. Email: send your request via e-mail to the Information Technology Help Desk at email@example.com. A confirmation e-mail containing a work order number will be sent when work order is opened.
3. Phone: call extension 2600 where the request will be logged in a work order system. It is very important to have specific information ready and available to give to the Help Desk when you call so that we can log and track your request accurately.
When calling the help desk be prepared to give the following information:
- Full Name, Campus, Building, Room, Extension, and the nature of the problem.
- Login problem - user name, password, description of the problem, and exact error message.
- If calling in for someone else, please be able to provide us with the above and also with up-to-date contact information for that user.