Skip To Content

Full time students (15 credit hours) wishing to live in Residence Halls must complete the Housing Application and Contract  and submit it to the Housing Office with a $100 security deposit. South Plains College does not have a deadline for receipt of housing applications. However, assignments are made on a first-come/first-serve basis. Early applications begin in January and usually receive their choice of housing.
Housing is only available on the main campus located in Levelland.
No. However, housing options are available within the communities of Levelland and Lubbock for married or single parents.
The residence halls will open the Thursday prior to the first day of class for the fall semester and  spring semester. It is essential that you officially check into your room on or before the first class day. When you arrive on campus, check in with the Residence Hall Director at your assigned residence hall. Your room assignment will be issued at that time. Failure to check in by the first day of class will result in the forfeiture of your deposit and possible loss of your room. If you must check in late, please notify the Housing Office before the first day of classes to make arrangements for late check in. For further questions, please call (806) 716-2381.
Room assignments are made during June for the fall and December for the spring. You will receive your room assignment in the middle of June for fall and the middle of December for spring through your SPC email.
All women's residence halls are setup in a suite-style arrangement. In the men's area, Lamar and Magee are arranged in suite-style. The other facilities Frazier, Stroud and Forrest are a modern communal arrangement.
The women's residence halls are carpeted and male residence halls have tile floors, with the exception of Magee Hall. The rooms in Magee have carpeting in the main living area and in the bedrooms.
Beds in Smallwood, South Sue, Gillespie and Baker Center are standard twins (36 x 75). The beds in Frazier, Stroud, Forrest, Lamar, Magee, North Sue, Southwest and Tubb are long boy (38 x 80).
Students are encouraged to bring their own computers. All residents may access the internet using the SPC website through a wireless connection. Magee and Smallwood residents have access through a T1 line.
Basic cable is available in all residence halls. For premium channels, please contact NTS at (806) 797-0687. When calling for installation, please advise the cable company of the name of the residence hall and room number. The address is 1401 S College Ave.
Students are encouraged to work through issues that they are having with their roommates. After the first two weeks of classes, the Associate Dean of Students will consider reassignments.
During the fall semester, private housing is not available. Once the semester starts and room consolidations are made, private room request may be honored. In order to request a private room, you must contact the Associate Dean of Students.
Payment for housing is due the day the residence halls open. If you plan to pay your housing in installments, half of the housing balance is due at the time of move in.
Financial Aid may pay for housing. It is important that you visit with your financial aid advisor to determine exactly how much of your tuition and fees and room and board that financial aid will cover.
Permits are required and will be issued by your Residence Hall Director for no additional charge.
All students enrolled in 3 semester hours or more are automatically covered for injuries resulting from accidents. This DOES NOT cover illnesses. The maximum claim, after a $25 deductible, is $2000.
South Plains College operates a student health clinic which treats minor illnesses. Major illness claims should be covered by your family health insurance. Student health policies are available through independent companies.
All students will need a student ID card. This card allows access to the library, technology center, Texan Dining Hall, and for students living in the women's residence halls, provides entrance into the residence halls.
  • Student ID cards are issued through the Student Activities Office (in the game room)
  • A valid ID will be needed and student must have already logged in to MySPC and have set up their Deposit Account information.
A detailed list of Residence Halls Information, Rules and Regulations can be found in the Residence Halls Handbook .
No, there are no curfews for students living in the residence halls. However, quiet hours start at 11:00 pm.
Coin operated washers and dryers are provided in all Residence Halls. Beverage and candy machines are provided for your convenience in each Residence Hall. Report malfunctions to the Residence Hall Directors or Baker Center Supervisors. Refunds are made through the vending company.